WHAT ARE COOKIES?
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- M&S, or on behalf of M&S, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broa dcast web banner advertisements on behalf of M&S.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For M&S to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable M&S to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable M&S meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then “Internet Options”
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"