IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Who we are
- The personal data we collect about you
- How we may store and use your information
Who we are
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 0845 302 1234;
- e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at: Marks & Spencer, Retail Customer Services, Chester Business Park, Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9GA
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from M&S Your School Uniform (via the website or over the phone) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- your communication preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities
How we may store and use your information
Marks & Spencer (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by M&S, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of M&S and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
What are cookies used for?
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.